20080825

Wynwood Art District- Opening Night, Part 2



While attending Miami's August gallery openings, I happened upon A. Dale Nally's gallery and studio space. Although I enjoy cutting edge art on show at most of Miami's trendy galleries, it's refreshing and inspiring to find a space completely devoted to painting. I had the pleasure of meeting Dale, who was kind enough to talk about his work with me on a very busy opening night, as well as via email. Dale states that he uses "the nature of language" to construct his work. Using a variety of paints and other media to create texture, the artist paints spontaneously and intuitively. I admired his use of reds and soft blues with earthy neutrals, as well as layering to create depth.
Dale's large-scale works are mesmerizing and meditative. The paintings have presence with a sense of fragility and strength. This is work that reaches into the viewer's soul and places an imprint there.
If you're in Miami, I suggest a visit to Dale's gallery and studio, located at A. Dale Nally, 2315 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127. You may contact the artist at
dalenally@hotmail.com or call 305-724-6021.

No comments: