20081117

Improvisation



Pictures of the re-organized studio and my last piece of freezer paper!

Yesterday I re-organized the studio to make the space more efficient. At approximately 170 square feet, it's not a large space. But here in the Caribbean, I've gotten used to improvising and making the best of what's available.

Today I'm hoping to buy freezer paper or butcher paper. I use it as a palette, taping the edges to an old car window which makes a great work surface. Once the freezer paper is used, I just throw it away and tear off a fresh piece from the roll. I've run out of this waxy paper, and couldn't find any on-island last week. In the meantime, I've been using plexiglass, but the clean-up is messy and requires too much water (a precious resource here). Who knows, maybe one of the grocery stores now has some Reynold's Freezer Paper. I'm off to town to see...

No comments: