20081105

Power Outage- It's an Island Thing



After school today, I was involved in grading sketchbooks when the electricity went out. Usually I can work around the island's frequent and random outages, compliments of BVI Electricity Corporation, but today I really needed adequate light and the computer. The school has no generator, so I was out of luck. The only feasible option was to leave after just seven working hours. (The norm for me is nine to ten hours). Arriving home, I found the power still on, so I took advantage of the extra time to submit an exhibition proposal. I'm hopeful that the work is accepted, but prepared if it's not. I do have two other proposals to write in the next week.

Here's the art I've submitted. The venue only asked for one piece; however, The Green Room is a grouping meant to be displayed as pictured, so it counts as one.

No comments: