20081115

Two New Books




It's been a long week, with no time for reading. And between teaching art classes, working in the studio, and possibly traveling soon, I expect the next couple of weeks will continue to keep me busy. Anticipating some reading time in the near future, I ordered these two books from Amazon.

I've heard positive comments about Business and Legal Forms for Fine Artists, by Tad Crawford. It even includes a DVD with all the forms in PDF format. I'm often at a loss when faced with creating business documents, such as a "Contract for Commissioning Artwork" and an "Application for Copyright Registration". This book and DVD actually have the documents, making it very easy to get better organized.

The other book, The Wisdom of the Enneagram, by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson, explains nine personality types. It helps the reader analyze their type and gives indepth suggestions for spiritual growth. At first, seemed a bit new age-y for my taste. But I've always been intrigued by human psyche, and lately I've been curious to know more hows and whys of my own behavior and that of others I'm close to. In reading the book, I expect to gain a deeper understanding of my creativity, and ultimately become a better artist through new insight.

No comments: