20090201

Infinity II


I've completed one of the commission pieces, unless the client requests changes. If not, all that's left to do is varnish and sign it. And I still have to complete the smaller one, my goal for today.

Working on these paintings has been like visiting an old friend. To make the Infinity pieces, I've had to go back to a place in my creative inner self (what a term!) to circa 2003 when I was doing The Windows Series. During that time, my work was quickly evolving into total abstraction. The theme really has not changed drastically but my technique has gotten looser and the process less complex.

Although it's been enlightening to revisit The Windows Series, I'm please with where I am now with my work, and where it's going (installations! interactive art! block paintings! new materials!) I'm excited to get back into The Paradise Project later this week.

No comments: