20090411

New Work at Sole' Spa, British Virgin Islands


Paintings at Sole' Spa's new Nanny Cay location, left to right: Alchemy Hour, Side Slip, The Green Room






The Green Room and Abyss






Denial



I arrived home in the islands Thursday evening, and have been busy installing work at Sole' Spa's new Nanny Cay Resort location.

Because there are no traditional galleries or art dealers in the British Virgin Islands, local artists must think outside the box, finding alternative exhibition spaces. These may include quaint but charming tourist shops, restaurants, hotels, or in my case, a day spa. Sole' Spa owner, the lovely Julia Hingston, approached me several years ago, offering to show my work for sale at her day spa in Road Town, Tortola. She recently opened a second one, a smaller venue at beautiful Nanny Cay Resort, and now my work hangs in both Sole' Spa locations.

No comments: