20091117

INUNDATION

The eastern Caribbean has had its fair share of rain the past few weeks. While we don't have a "rainy season", per se, we do tend to experience a few heavy downpours this time of year. November is a transitional time for the subtropics, as we go from hurricane season to "winter".

Photos from yesterday's rains- what a storm we had.
Our dog enjoyed wading through the murky water in search of fallen coconuts.


Coincidentally perhaps, I've been thinking about the properties of water, so it's natural that some of my work would reference this element.

Deluge #1. 12 x 9 inches. Pencil and gouache on black paper.

This painting is the first of my Deluge series referencing, of course, water.

3 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

That is a beautiful piece, Stephanie. for a moment, I thought it was another photograph of water with the shadows of trunks of trees. Really lovely.

Stephanie Clayton said...

Thank you, Photodiarist. It actually represents nothing tangible, per se, but it's very insightful to learn what others "see" or feel in my work. I'm encouraged by the connections made between art, viewer and artist.

The Man Who Knew Too Much said...

I really like these pics, its so tropical at your place!