20100324

FLUIDITY: AQUA #11

Fluidity: Aqua #11, 2010, 14 x 11 inches, gouache on paper

I've quite pleased how this one turned out slightly smoky, soft and mysterious. Blending gray into turquoise- or turquoise into gray- is proving to be tricky. If the paper is too wet, the colors meld into one. So far with the Fluidity: Aqua series, I've only had one total failure; and naturally, I try to look at that as a learning experience.

I haven't been in the studio much the past two weeks, as I prepare for "The Paradise Project: 2007-2009" exhibit at BVI Inside Art Gallery. The opening is April 3rd and runs through the end of the month. I'll be working in the gallery some Saturdays in April, which I'm looking forward to. It's been years since I worked in a gallery.

You can find out more on my Facebook fan page, STEPHANIE CLAYTON- Reductive Art.

5 comments:

Izzy said...

The work is beautiful, A real sense of motion and fluidity

Swamped in Flowers

The Photodiarist said...

This is beautiful. Mysterious.

Stephanie Clayton said...

Thank you, both.
My aim is for the work to have a sense of past motion, giving way to quiet stillness; and to have an air of mystery which gives depth to the work.

Lauren Frances Moore said...

mmmm, very nice!

when you get a minute you ought to check out fellow charleston artist kaitlin carrol...

http://mkkoala.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Clayton said...

Lauren Frances Moore-
Thanks. I did check her blog and website. Her work is very harmonious and atmospheric....soft and beautiful.