20100531

CALL TO ARTISTS: Aqua- a tribute

Aerial, 2009, 24 x 18 x 1 inch, oil on panel

If fellow artist Pam Farrell is a "copy cat" (her words), then I suppose I am, too.
She pitched me a great idea, inspired by her "Seeing Red/Little Squares", an online exhibit of various artists' red paintings...which was inspired by Joanne Mattera's "Spring Greens" and "Seeing Red, Part 1: The Play"; and by Kate Beck's orange post "Essentials of Light :: Pure Color" .

Here's how it works:
I'm posting an online exhibit of the color aqua, as a tribute to tropical paradise and my former Caribbean island home. The post will feature aqua, or turquoise, paintings by contemporary artists.
I'm inviting you, the artist, to email me (info at stephanieclayton dot com) one good quality image of a predominantly-turquoise painting; with title, year, dimensions and medium; and link to your website and/or blog.
The painting must be an original work by you, the artist; and it must be abstract, reductive, non-representational, or minimal. Images accepted from now through Monday June 7. I'll post the online exhibit soon after June 7 with links to your blog/website.

Thank you, Pam! Fellow artists, I look forward to hearing from you.

5 comments:

Michele Fraichard said...

Hello friend, I sent you links to a couple of my pieces. Can't wait to see all the great works that turn up! xo

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Michele-
I received them; many thanks! Both are quite wonderful, mysterious- like your other work.
This is going to be fun...I've had a great response so far.

Joanne Mattera said...

What's your e-address? I want to send you some aqueous pics.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Joanne-
info@stephanieclayton.com

es said...

Love this...sending you some today!