20100512

HOT PINK AND GEOMETRY

I spent yesterday afternoon on South Beach, and took a few photos. So many pops of color- and this was just in the parking lot....
Only in Miami!
I always notice re-bar because it seems to be everywhere around Tortola. It's prevalent around the island, and sometimes left exposed on people's rooftops or used as inexpensive design features, such as stair railing. My friend Helen and I found this re-bar sculpture in the parking garage at Alton Road.

Seen on Lincoln Road...

At Nespresso coffee bar...


I have the idea now to incorporate hot pink, gray and geometric shapes into some new compositions.

In a few days, I'll head home to the British Virgin Islands to finish packing. Our move has been delayed but only by about two weeks. I can deal with that. We'll get to Charleston eventually this summer.

2 comments:

Michele Fraichard said...

Geometry and repetition,I love it! Also loving the bright colors contrasted by grey, white and black - those are some nice palettes.

Stephanie Clayton said...

Michele-
What I really appreciate about the Miami design aesthetic is the sophisticated manner in which brights and pastels are incorporated. It's quite different from the way color is used in the Caribbean.