20100620

AQUA- A TRIBUTE (Part 2)

Part 2 of the Aqua Tribute (see Part 1 here)...

I've immensely enjoyed putting these two exhibits together! Thank you to all the artists who sent me their lush, aqua-hued works. I've included a range of aquas: from intense turquoise to marine blue, and finally pale icy green-blue.

The subject, of course, is aqua. For that reason, I didn't ask about content; however, if any of the participating artists care to comment on their subject matter/theme/content, please do so.

Tremain Smith
Watershed
2007; 48 x 60 inches; oil, wax and collage on panel

Vicolo 42
2009, 12 x 12 inches, encaustic on panel


Stephanie Clayton
Blue
2005, 40 x 30 inches, oil on canvas


Elizabeth Sheppell
Veil Series- Currents
2009, 48 x 48 inches, acrylic on panel


Alyce Gottesman
Fields of Blue
2009, 48 x 40 inches, oil on wood


Michele Fraichard
Opal Highway
20 x 24 inches; acrylic, garnet, sand and mica on canvas


Lisa Pressman
Lower Depths
2006, 41 x 38 inches, oil on canvas


Steven Alexander
True Love Never Die
2009, 72 x 54 inches, acrylic on canvas


Joanne Mattera
Silk Trail 128
2010, 11 x 8.5 inches, unique digital print


Elizabeth Sheppell
Blue Frost
2009, 6 x 6 inches


Debra Ramsay
Measuring Parallels #7
2007, 24 x 24 inches, wax and eggshell on birch panel


Diane McGregor
Andromeda
2009, 48 x 48 inches, oil on canvas


Deborah T. Colter
Moments Spent
2010, 30 x 30 inches, mixed media on canvas


Michael Shemchuk
Sky Writing
2010, 30 x 30 inches, mixed media on wood panel

7 comments:

Pam Farrell said...

Ahhhh.....refreshing!

lisa said...

wonderful work
thanks

Michele Fraichard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele Fraichard said...

These are every bit as intriguing as the first Aqua grouping. I noticed that many of these works are on the larger scale, didn't someone ask whether aqua lends itself to smaller works? I guess I'd say not, but rather that it's wonderful in any scale.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Michele-

Yes, that was mentioned (aquas in smaller scale, and how size impacts one's experience of the work).
It was entirely coincidental for me to choose smaller pieces for Part 1. And I noticed while writing Part 2, that the sizes were somewhat varied (but most would be considered on the large side).
Interesting topic, isn't it?

Ian MacLeod said...

the work in both part 1 and 2 are very diversified and enticing.

annell said...

Yes, I love the aqua works. It so reminds me of the place where I am, New Mexico! And I think to Native People aqua has a sacred quality.