20110131

SECRET WORLD

Secret World
2011, 14 x 11 inches, encaustic on panel

This painting started out easily enough but gradually became difficult. Working on it took twice as long as other paintings around the same size. It was the blue area giving me trouble but finally the piece came together in a wonderful way. I'm quite pleased with it. Persistence pays!

There are surprises when creating. Sometimes there are frustrations and problems. That's what keeps us artists on our toes and determined to find solutions.

7 comments:

david weir art said...

Great Results,Stephanie

Michele Fraichard said...

this absolutely glows!

Yvonne said...

I saw that blue and it gave me chills! I see the end of a pier into a tropical blue ocean. Love it!
www.fashnlvr.blogspot.com

Pete Hoge said...

nicely settled.

nothing like a form which
really belongs in it's
environment.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Thank you, David.

Michele, the glow in the blue was what I was aiming for.

Yvonne, it does have a tropical aura, I see what you mean.

Pete, yes the painting finally "settled" down near completion. It took a lot of layers!

plasticanimal said...

I love the blues, but I'm smitten also with the layers and richness of the red, it's pulsing with a life of its own!

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

plasticanimal-
i see that...
it does seem to have an inner life, both the blue and magenta areas.