20110513

STAGE THREE...WORK IN PROGRESS

Almost complete...See two previous stages here.
This painting has strayed from its original intent.  For one thing, the color scheme was to be burnt orange and pale grey-blue.  However, I wasn't satisfied with the lack of depth, and the relationship between the orange and grey-blue didn't mesh like I'd intended.  So I glazed the whole painting with a warm beige.  All that's needed is to work in more beige to solidify it; not an easy task, for the beige must be very sheer to avoid obliterating the soft grey-blue underneath.

I'll talk more about this painting's content next week.  I'm working on some other pieces at the moment as well; I'll post photos of those soon.

2 comments:

david weir art said...

Hi Stephanie, just checked out your website and really like seeing the works on the one page. Which is the way I see your work as the paintings all link together for me as one work.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

david-
thank you! i appreciate your opinion. i've very pleased w/ other people's pixels website layout.