20120420

found abstract | no. 34

Found Abstract 34
To reduce the "ick" factor, I'm posting this in large format instead of extra large.
Any guesses as to what it is?

This is not the post I intended for today.  I'd planned to reveal a new encaustic painting but my Corel editing program isn't cooperating.  However, the image here was already edited and ready to go.

If you've been following my blog for a while, you may recall I've toyed with changing found drawings* to found paintings.  The latter term never seemed fitting, anymore than the former, so these images from the natural world remained found drawings.  Last week, I stumbled upon the term found abstract and voila! It fits, don't you think?  I like the sound of it.  Found abstract.

Soon I'll tackle the task of changing all previously titled found drawings.

*22 April UPDATE: All previously posted found drawings are now called found abstracts.

3 comments:

Pete Hoge said...

That looks like seafood which I don't like at all, or a skin lesion from a medical text book.

Have you used this program as an alternative to Corel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paint.NET

I edited all the abstract fotos I
used to do on that program.

P.

KONABARBIE said...

Kind of looks like a jellyfish. I don't know.... I like your new title "Found Abstract". Just simply "Found" would be good too. Or "Found Image".
xoxoxo

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Pete,
It does look a bit like a skin lesion!
No, I have not used that program but will have a look. Thank you!

Konabarbie,
Yes! It's a jellyfish, washed up on Padre Island.