20120925

teaching | abstract expressionist workshop

 Mark Rothko, White Center, 1950, private collection
"A painting is not about an experience. It is an experience." - Mark Rothko

I'll be teaching another workshop soon, details below.

Art Center of Corpus Christi
Thursday Nights in October
5pm - 7pm
Instructor: Stephanie Hoff Clayton
Explore modes of painting from the Abstract Expressionists.
Learn the techniques and philosophies of renowned artists such as Mark Rothko, Jackson Pollock, Barnett Newman and Helen Frankenthaler. This is a good way to de-stress, while tapping into your creative subconscious.

For more information, please click here.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I would love to attend if I didn't live so far away! Sounds like so much fun!

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Kristy,
I taught a series of Abstract Expressionism workshops last year; the response was good so I'm offering it again. Yes, too bad you're not closer!