20121005

studio | treating cradled panel sides

Howard Feed-N-Wax wood polish and conditioner - my new solution for treating the sides of cradled panels.
Recently I decided to stop painting the sides of my encaustic paintings. The process proved too time consuming, for one thing. A bit of research led to this product by Howard. It's much easier, faster to apply, and more economical than primer and black paint. Best of all, I like the results. You can see what it looks like applied: middle image shows before (painting on left) and after (painting on right).
Howard Feed-N-Wax is available on Amazon's website, where I purchased mine.

4 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

That's a delicious look. I've done it a few times, but the taping is a little time consuming too. Still, I love the look of the wood.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

Martha,
Yes, the taping is time consuming, isn't it! I've gotten a bit faster with that task, and I do like the look of clean sides, so..
This is by far the easiest solution I've found. And I like the natural wood, too.

William Hall said...

I use this stuff to seal and polish my cement pieces. I love the smell. I buy it at HomeDepot.

Stephanie Hoff Clayton said...

William,
Yes, it does have that nice smell. I'll look for it at Home Depot next time - hadn't thought of that!